What our members say...
- Niamh, Manly (Mum of Killian and high knee hater!)"Buggy Bootcamp is like having a mothers group – it gives us as mothers a chance to feel better about ourselves while also having the support of like minded mums to discuss how our bubs are developing. I went to two classes a week and it gave me and my baby a real lift to our days…even the days that Carly gave out penalty burpees!! This is my second child and I really wish I’d had a post natal exercise option when my first was born as I feel that my recovery and confidence has been so much quicker this time around, I am definitely a happier person and look better too (even my husband has commented!!). I have even signed up to do the Noosa Triathlon in November (something I have never done before or thought I would ever do and Buggy Bootcamp has helped give me the confidence to do this!!). Thanks Carly…every mother should feel this good."
- Siobhan, Manly (Mum of Eamonn and determined exerciser!!)“After trying several bootcamp style training groups in the area that claimed to be targeted at post-natal women “Buggy Bootcamp” is the only one that I believe truly caters for post-natal mothers. Carly caters her workouts to allow women to safely strengthen key muscle groups that have been weakened during pregnancy and other muscle groups that we need to strengthen to be able to care and play with our precious babies. I had some post-natal issues that have an impact on the way I exercise and Carly was the only trainer who took time to ask what issues I might have and give me guidance on how to avoid causing myself further injury. She fosters a sense of self confidence and improved health in all the mothers who take part in her classes. Thank you Buggy Bootcamp!”
- Nicola, Manly (Mum of James and longest serving member record holder!)“Just wanted to thank you so much for creating Buggy Bootcamp! I looked into a lot of different options for getting back into exercise after having a baby and all involved leaving him out of sight in a crèche or similar which I just wasn’t comfortable with when he was so little. Being able to have him with me and get outside for some exercise in beautiful surroundings was uplifting – the perfect antidote to the stress of being a new mum. The unexpected bonus was that I made some great new friends along the way and being close to the beach it was easy to organise catchups for coffee or playdates afterwards. I recommend Buggy Bootcamp to all my friends with babies. Plus, I feel fitter now than I did pre-baby (when I was spending hours at the gym) due to your expert knowledge and exercise strategy. I was so lucky Buggy Bootcamp came to Manly just when I needed it – such a great addition to our community. Thanks again :)”
- Karen, Manly (Mum of Elize (who Karen occasionally brings ? ) and addicted bootcamper!)“For the last 6 months I have been actively involved and enjoying Buggy Bootcamp with Carly. I never would have thought that bootcamp style exercise would be so addictive. After my first session I thought I would never walk again but the pain I felt was ‘good pain’. The pain I knew would help me get back into shape after having a baby and I have been addicted ever since. On average I am attending Buggy Bootcamp 3 times/week and absolutely love it – the diversity of each session, the new challenges Carly throws at us, all the different mums and bubs I have met along the way and most importantly the increase in fitness I have achieved. My overall confidence when exercising is back!!!! I now really enjoy regular exercise with both Buggy Bootcamp and in my own time. Running with my buggy along Manly Beach is now actually fun! Getting up at 5am to participate in a fun run with Buggy Bootcamp was actually FUN!!! My overall enjoyment and increase in fitness and energy is a credit to our trainer Carly. The passion, expertise and energy she gives to each training session is why I keep going back for more (and of course the post baby body results she has help me achieve). I recommend Buggy Bootcamp to anyone I talk to that has just had a baby. After sleepless nights, Buggy Bootcamp (and a coffee afterwards) helps give the energy and sanity that all mums need to get through the day. Thank you Carly and Buggy Bootcamp for fun, friends and fitness!!”
- Kate, Manly (Mum of Charlie and demon runner)“I can’t recommend Buggy Bootcamp highly enough. Firstly, it has given me my body back. After pregnancy I had lost confidence in my physical ability and felt fragile. Through Buggy Bootcamp I have been able to gradually build up my fitness so I feel like me again! Carly structures the exercises so that you are always being pushed – right from the first time you go and are doing exercises at an “easy” level through to when you’re a bit fitter but wish Carly would let you cheat by allowing you to choose the easier option. Secondly, for the first time in my life I have some upper body strength. I’ve never been one for doing weights but the variety of exercises keeps the bootcamp interesting and motivating. Most importantly, it means I’ve now got the strength to lift and play with my baby boy. Thirdly, I’ve actually saved money as I now fit into my pre baby work clothes and I don’t need to buy a new wardrobe for returning to the office. Monthly Buggy Bootcamp fees are a lot cheaper than suits! And last but not least, it’s a fun hour to spend with like-minded local Mums.”
- Sarah T, Manly (Mum of Olivia, speedy gonzales and lover of all things red)“I went to the trial of Buggy Bootcamp doubtful that I’d continue on. But after just one session I was hooked. I love the intensity and the variety of each class. I love that they push you harder than you would yourself – safely of course, and tailored to mums. There are some weeks when Buggy Bootcamp is the only time I get any “real” exercise in. I’m usually sore the next day and grateful that I squeezed in a good workout while taking my daughter along.”
- Emily, Manly (Mum of three and committed three times a week bootcamper)“Buggy Bootcamp is the best fitness group I have trained with. Why? The trainers are energetic, friendly, cater for all fitness levels and work you hard knowing the results you want. Most importantly, they work on gaining your strength back after having your baby, giving plenty of tips on diet and general well being. Sarah and Carly mix it up for a fun and hard work out each session. Meeting local mums from Manly and beyond is all a part of this brilliant fitness group. Well done girls!”
- Sarah D, Manly (Mum of Charlotte, aspiring yoga teacher)“The format and intensity of the sessions are great & variations of exercises are always given so that you can work to your own level. The training was always a bit different so it remained interesting and I also noticed my fitness improve dramatically since starting with Buggy Bootcamp. Great locations, and lovely women!!”
- Niamh, Manly (Mum of Killian and high knee hater!)“I worried that with a new born baby I wouldn’t get that precious decent exercise time back to myself for a while… I thought wrong! Carly has made Buggy Bootcamp so easy to plan into your week however many times you choose to go. At one stage I was trying 5 days a week – it’s addictive! I loved the surprise of not knowing what we would be doing from session to session – the variety is great. Thanks Carly for making Buggy Bootcamp the highlight of some of my weeks and providing the opportunity to get out and do something for me with all the other lovely mums! My little girl Sienna really enjoyed it also. I cannot recommend it highly enough. I look forward, if I’m lucky enough to do round two in the near future!”