- Do I need to have medical clearance to take part?
Yes, everyone must have had at least their 6 week check up and received clearance to exercise. It is also recommended that if you have had a C-Section you wait until 10-12 weeks after giving birth to allow your scar tissue time to properly heal.
It is not compulsory, but we also recommend getting a full check up with a post-natal physio so that you can exercise without worry or causing yourself any long term damage, especially to your pelvic floor. We recommend Jenni Davies at Aushealth Physiotherapy for any post natal concerns and anyone interested in trying Buggy Bootcamp receives 40% off an initial assessment. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- What do I wear to a session?
Comfortable sports gear and a good pair of trainers. Bring layers if it is a bit chilly and a cap/visor if it is hot.
- What do I need to bring to the session?
- A bottle of water (and drink plenty before the class too).
- Sunscreen and hat/visor (for you and bub).
- Buggy sun protector or rain cover (although we do aim to keep you all in the shade/out of the rain).
- Snacks and bubs favourite toy if it will help keep them entertained.
- Determination, your sense of humour and your love of squats!
- Who looks after my baby at the session?
There is no child-care provided at Buggy Bootcamp and bub remains your responsibility at all times. This gives you peace of mind, knowing that bub is close and you can see to them whenever you need to and helps keep the cost of our training low. The trainers main priority is ensuring that you are exercising safely, however are happy to help jiggle prams and entertain bub when it is safe for them to do so.
- What happens if my baby cries during the session?
That’s ok! We know and understand that babies cry and EVERYONE has been there more than once.
We know that sometimes you will need to tend to your baby – you can just re-join the group as soon as you have settled them or just leave them to it (that’s ok too – we don’t judge anyone at Buggy Bootcamp). If bub didn’t get the ‘Mum is exercising memo’, don’t worry, a 30 minute work-out is still better than a zero minute work-out and there will always be next time.
- What happens if it is raining?
Sessions are held rain, hail, wind or shine as per our policy – if it is raining at the start time, we’ll meet at the wet weather locations, if it is just a bit iffy, meet at the usual location. If it is a bit wet and cold outside, please dress your baby accordingly – and remember, exercise counts double in the rain!
- What if I miss my normal session?
You can come to any session each week, so if bub has a bad night and you miss Monday, come on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday instead!
We also realise that some weeks, no matter how good your intentions are, you may miss a session completely – this is why our once-a-week members can make up missed sessions at any point during the calendar month (and can roll one missed session forward to the next calendar month) and come along twice in one week to make up the missed Bootcamp. See our membership policies page for more info.
- What payment options are available?
Payment is made by direct debit using Ezidebit. Payment is made on the 1st of the month for that month’s membership. The following charges apply:
- $3.30 One Off Administration Fee – charged once only to set you up as a Buggy Bootcamp member.
- $1.25 (or 2.2% on credit cards) Ezidebit Transaction Fee – applicable monthly
- Can I claim anything back for the sessions through my private healthcare cover?
Yes, you may be able to! Depending on your policy and your provider you may be able to reclaim a substantial proportion of your membership fees back – just contact Buggy Bootcamp for more info.
- Can I place my membership on hold for holidays?
Yes! As long as you email Buggy Bootcamp before the 1st of the month in which you are away, we will pro-rata your membership so that you are only paying for the time that you are able to attend. 🙂
- What if I am late for a session?
If you are a few minutes late, then please just join in the warm up. However if you are more than 10 minutes late we may not be able to allow you to join in as it is important that you have warmed up properly to avoid injury.
- What should I do if I feel unwell during the session?
If you experience any of these symptoms during or following an exercise class, please stop exercising and notify us – they are your body’s way of warning you to slow down:
- Increased fatigue
- Muscle aches and pains
- Is Buggy Bootcamp safe if I have abdominal separation or pelvic floor issues?
Yes. We always offer different variations of exercises so that you can choose the intensity level that suits you (eg squats instead of jumping jacks or lunges instead of running). We also stay well away from any core exercises that may make any separation worse (such as crunches and sit ups) and always, always pay attention to correct form to limit the risk of injury. We do however recommend that you see a post-natal physio if you have either of these issues – just to give yourself peace of mind whilst exercising. We don’t want things falling out! 😉
- Do I need a special type of buggy?
All buggies are totally fine – you never HAVE to run/walk with the pram.
- Can I join the class without my baby and buggy (e.g. if my baby is being looked after or at day-care)?
Yes, of course you are still welcome to come to the session if you are baby-less for the day! You just get less rest as you don’t have to tend to bub 😉
- Up to what age of baby are the classes suitable for?
Our classes are targeted at Mums with babies aged from 6 weeks to 12 months, however if your child is older but will be content staying in one place for the session then that’s ok too. (Bubs of all ages remain your responsibility)
- What kind of exercises are involved?
Every Buggy Bootcamp session is different! They are all post-natal safe and can be modified for most post-pregnancy issues and minor injuries. Our daytime sessions rotate between strength, cardio, boxing and trainer’s choice as per our session plan, Monday evening is yoga, Tuesday evening is Trainer’s Choice and Wednesday evening is cardio.
- I HATE running. Do I have to run?!
No! In fact we encourage you only to run if and when your core and pelvic floor is strong enough again. Some sessions will not include any running (eg Strength) and the cardio based sessions are modified to suit all abilities. If you are not comfortable running, you do not have to!
- Do you have any classes with childcare?
We are not currently running classes with separate childcare. We want the sessions to be affordable for all new Mums with the flexibility of being able to rock up without booking a session or child-care. Buggy Bootcamp’s sister business, OzSquad, operates similar style sessions if you would like to try a baby free class and have your own child-care or you can come along to the evening baby free 7PM sessions.
- Can I bring my baby to the evening sessions?
No, the evening classes are bub free sessions and are intended as a time for you to concentrate just on yourself for the first time all day!
- How do I get involved?
- Where will I find Buggy Bootcamp on Facebook and Instagram?